Carousell is driven by our mission to inspire billions to start selling successfully and consuming more consciously. Our engineering team designs, develops, and delivers the mobile and web applications and applications services which power the Carousell selling and buying experience. Ensuring that experience stays simple is challenging and Carousell engineering, along with Carousell Product, takes this challenge up on a daily basis.
The Systems and Security Specialist position is an entry-level Software Engineering position at Carousell. You are given ownership of Carousell’s IT administration, systems automation as well as information security. You are driven to automate all manual configuration tasks by applying configuration management methodology to maintain our IT infrastructure with equal or more rigour than Software Engineering - you think about automation as “Organisation as Code”. Alongside automation, you will take the lead on ensuring that both human and automated processes adhere to modern information security standards to keep our data secure and safe. You are able to apply best practices for automation and are pragmatic in choosing the right tool and technologies to solve the problem at hand.
As a Systems and Security Specialist, you want systems and processes to be transparent and inspectable and you have a passion for continual improvement and are comfortable with retrospectives and root cause analysis as demonstrated by your continual asking of “Why?” (well, at least 5 times). Joining Carousell as a Systems and Security Specialist also means that you will be the first to lead our automation and information security initiatives, and eventually grow into a role where you will oversee our efforts in Information Security (Infosec).
- Automate and simplify Carousell’s IT administration tasks with software configuration management tools with equal or more rigour than modern systems configuration workflows
- Work with the Engineering and People’s team in Carousell to streamline our onboarding and offboarding processes
- Manage our fleet of IT assets and ensure that proper backup and recovery processes are in place
- Configure and automate our software systems with proper access rights and permissions
- Work with the Engineering leadership team in understanding and establishing best practices within the company to comply with data and privacy protection acts such as PDPA in Singapore
- Graduated with a Diploma in Information Technology, Information Security or related courses, or a degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on knowledge in using and configuring operating systems such as MacOS and Windows
- A passion for automation and interest in information security
- A passion for transparent and inspectable systems
- A passion for making things better and a desire to see things continually improving
- Experience as a software engineer or IT administrator a plus
- Experience configuring and administering JIRA a plus