As a young and fast-expanding organisation, we are looking to hire a Lead of People Operations to oversee people operations (what people traditionally calls Human Resource) and develop people strategy. The person will work very closely with the Carousell Leadership team to design and introduce programmes and initiatives that will help our colleagues develop and realise their potential.
Based in Singapore and reporting to one of the Co-Founder, this role is a newly created position and will be focusing on all People Operations and Strategy for the company. This role mainly focuses on Singapore operations but will oversee the region to ensure consistency in policy implementation.
Key desired outcomes:
- Provide professional People operations counsel to the company
- Ensure effective handling of all employment-related matters
- Ensure key People operations decisions are being made in an optimal and informed manner
- Be a neutral channel of feedback for employees and management
- Provide professional advice to management on People operations matters
- Align local objectives to regional directives and policies
Key roles and responsibilities:
Talent Acquisition (TA)
- Develop TA strategy and sourcing
- Responsible for recruitment and selection to meet immediate and long term business needs (this includes conducting interviews, presenting POV on potential hires, follow through offer negotiations and communications, etc.)
- On-board new employees and ensure they are sufficiently inducted.
- Drive internships and special projects to build pool of prospective talents.
- Conduct exit interviews to receive feedback from resignees.
- Appropriately handle all employment departures.
- Understand the team dynamics and recruit by attributes and competencies to uphold diversity
Employer Branding & Culture
- Assist the management team in all internal communication, ensuring consistent messages are being sent and communicated through internal channels.
- Explore new, effective internal communications that can convey the appropriate messages.
- Ensure management decision making are consistent with the corporate culture and values.
- Align all People operations interventions towards building Carousell’s startup culture of always solving problems, being mission first, being relentlessly resourceful, caring deeply and staying humble
- Ensuring regular and timely feedback are provided to all employees
- Facilitate appraisal meetings or chair sensitive conversations if required.
- Mediate conflicts between supervisors and employees.
- Advise team heads on the appropriate handling of sensitive conversations.
- Administer budgeting, increment and promotion exercises to ensure consistency and fair evaluation of staff performance.
Learning & Talent Development
- Enhance the learning culture in the company.
- Strategize overall development solutions for general employees and key talents. Measure and uphold training effectiveness and cost-efficiency.
- Plan and execute all local training requirements. Source for external training providers.
- Identify and develop development plans for high-potential employees and future leaders.
- Proactively plan and implement internal and overseas transfers or exchange programs.
- Review and enhance staff policies and principles. Guide regional offices in ensuring consistency in policy implementation.
- Ensure company comply to local labor laws and legislation.
- Play an advisory role on team restructures.
- Support and manage all change processes.
- Assist the Co-Founders in building and strengthening the management team.
- Degree holder with at least 5 years of HR generalist experience.
- Strong People operations (HR) background or business partner experience is a strong advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge on HR practices and principles, and labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal, listening and questioning skills), organisation and interpersonal skill, ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Ability to handle dynamic business situations and less structured/start-up environment.
- Demonstrate corporate maturity in handling sensitive or challenging situations.