Carousell is one of the world’s fastest growing mobile classifieds marketplace. Since our launch in August 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 57 million listings.
Since Carousell’s launch in Malaysia in Dec 2014, more than 2 million items have been sold on our platform, and we continue to see thousands of successful transactions every day.
We’re looking for a Category Manager (B2B) to lead our efforts in these categories in Singapore. This role will report to the GM of Singapore & Malaysia
- Overall responsibility for the jobs and services categories in Singapore with listings, traffic and in future, revenue targets
- Develop annual and quarterly plans, budgets and objectives for the categories in partnership with broader country team.
- Identify segments that would provide most growth opportunities for Carousell
- Ensure strong supply of listings in the categories, balanced with sufficient demand
- Determine product requirements to capture opportunities in these categories and work with the product team to deliver these
- Run marketing campaigns to accomplish growth targets
- The role will have one team member as a direct report , but could grow over time
- 5-7 years of category management experience in a marketplace, ideally in a classifieds
- Experience with marketing campaigns with both traditional and digital media
- Experience running trade marketing campaigns targeting small businesses
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- You have experience and understand the recruitment sector and/or the services sector, in particular for Singapore
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Independent self-starter with understanding of how to work within a startup environment with minimal structure