Carousell is one of the world’s fastest growing mobile classifieds marketplace. Since our launch in August 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 57 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we believe in doing things that don’t scale - because every interaction on our marketplace can help to inspire others to become more responsible consumers.
Since Carousell’s launch in Malaysia in Dec 2014, more than 2 million items have been sold on our platform, and we continue to see thousands of successful transactions every day.
We’re looking for a Associate Country Manager/ Head of Marketing - Malaysia to join the team to take responsibility for the growth and development of Malaysia.
- Overall responsibility for the growth targets for Malaysia
- Develop annual and quarterly plans, budgets and objectives for Malaysia in partnership with the team.
- Work with our partners in Malaysia as well as various stakeholders in Singapore to design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that will drive topline brand awareness as well as key growth metrics
- Evaluate effectiveness of activities conducted and communicate that back to internal teams to optimize
- Control and allocate resources (budget and manpower) available to meet the targets set
- Lead a small team (internally and externally), providing coaching and development to team members to accomplish goals
- Drive creativity and teamwork across both external and internal teams
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners - digital marketing, customer experience, marketplace quality and product & engineering teams to capture opportunities for the countries
- 8-10 years of marketing experience, out of which, 5 years in leading marketing teams.
- Experience running large-scale marketing campaigns with both traditional and digital media in Malaysia.
- Good marketing, digital, CRM knowledge and experience.
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs
- You enjoy developing people and teams. You will be proud not of what you have accomplished, but what your team accomplished under your watch. There's a difference.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- You understand the Malaysia consumer well, and ideally have access to communities and tastemakers
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute.
- 8-10 years work experience - ideally in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.