Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Be actively involved for guiding the engineering technical strategy, make strategic decisions and clearly communicate high level strategy to our team members in order to lead Carousell Engineering to work better and more efficiently in bringing great features to our users faster
- Continuously inspire and mentor our team of Engineers to grow in their careers and professional development
- Be able to clearly communicate technical details to non-technical members of our organisation in a manner that is easily understandable
- Communicate the roadmap, scope and risks of your projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines
- Be able to stay on top of the bleeding edge of technology and know how to assess a new tech and how it may help Carousell Engineering improve our work and our product
- Anticipate headcount needs and work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality engineering talent for our organisation
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- At least 5 years of relevant engineering work experience on large scale software projects and at least 1-2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in their professional development and build self-sustaining teams
- Ability to mediate conflicts and use your experience to drive change and help engineers solve complex problems
- Have exceptional communication skills and an ability to build rapport with everyone in the organisation, not just with engineers