Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Work closely with the product managers and designers to build new and key features for Carousell on Android that power the growth and success of buyers and sellers
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the Android app by working closely with your Android teammates.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- 5+ years experience in developing Android applications using Android SDK and Java
- Have a portfolio of shipped production level apps used by a large number of users
- Strong understanding of Android framework, best practices and design patterns
- Experience with Android performance profiling, memory and power management and optimizations
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies
Good to have:
- Experience in architectural pattern design & implementation