Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Work closely with the product and design teams to build exciting and innovative features for the Carousell web platform
- Build a high performance dynamic web application using ReactJS, Flux, Webpack, ES6 and node.js
- Take full ownership of projects from design, to implementation, and deployment
- Write clean, testable code and unit tests
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degrees/experience
- 3+ years experience working on production level, modern JS web apps
- Strong command of HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies
Nice to haves:
- Have built and shipped production level ReactJS apps