Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell is looking for a Strategy Intern in our next phase of growth, to make everything more accessible to everyone. The Strategy Team is a new team within Carousell, reporting directly to the Founders’ Office. We drive Carousell’s corporate strategy, with a regional and total business coverage. We partner squads, functional and country teams to develop, cascade, and implement strategy end-to-end, with a focus on longer-range opportunities and challenges. You will report to the Strategy Director.
Strategy Development and Research
- Play a part in the analysis of new and existing (as well as competitors’) business models, partnerships and long-term business positioning, accounting for Carousell’s strengths, market opportunity and the external environment, working with business stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse global trends in user behaviour and marketplaces through desktop scans and interviews
- Develop and drive quantitative and qualitative research to inform strategic choices. This includes user research, market surveys and in-house benchmarking of Carousell viz competitors, to inform strategic choices and responses
- Research and dive into data on Carousell’s strengths in categories, as well as the total external market opportunity
Execution of Strategic Projects
- Where needed, assist in the execution of go-to-market plans, including working with peer stakeholders and adjacent teams
Good analytical abilities
- Ability to quickly sense-make, scope out lines of inquiry for analysis, and develop implications/next steps for the business
- Strong bias for action, taking charge to own and drive projects
- Can independently develop plans and problem-solve with minimal guidance