Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers.
We’re looking for a data analyst intern to join the Data team in Carousell and work with our team on a surfeit of data related projects in Carousell which may include but are not limited to report automation, A/B testing, machine learning, statistical modeling, data visualisation and generating product & business insights with data analysis.
This role will report into the Data Analytics Managers.
Note - This will be a 5 months internship programme based in Singapore starting from May 2020, the right to work in Singapore is required.
- You will be attached to one of the domains in the Data Team - monetisation, and will own major areas of responsibility - Pricing and Marketing throughout your internship. There will also be the ability to rotate between different areas of learning should the opportunity arise.
- The scope of data projects or tasks you may be involved in include but are not limited to:
- Own and improve Carousell Ads Pricing Model (e.g. dynamic or seasonal pricing), understanding price elasticity and demand curve of each user segment and category and define potential optimum points
- Communication and presentation of key insights and pricing strategies to business or product stakeholders to aid decision making
- Conduct AB testing and experiment design for new pricing models
- Conduct AB testing and experiment design for marketing messages and different copies, advice how to optimise audience targeting
- During internship you will learn or improve following skills:
- Producing reproducible scripts and documentation of your models
- How to effectively present and visualize data insights
- Real life applications of machine learning and statistical modeling (e.g. time series and bayesian causal impact analysis to measure impact of price changes, logistic regression for audience optimization)
- Data management and automation of reports
- Querying and modelling big amount of data
- Understanding business requirements and translate it into tasks
- Working with multiple stakeholders and prioritizing tasks and deliverables (80/20 rule)
- Good SQL and Python knowledge is preferred - you should possess at least basic core skills in querying and processing data
- Good stats knowledge is preferred - understanding of basic statistical concepts like P-value or T-tests will help aid experimentation and testing
- Sensitive to data integrity and understand the importance of data quality to generate accurate analysis
- Good communication skills to understand business requirements and communicate with / present to business stakeholders where needed
- A positive, can do attitude - resourceful to drive your own learning while at the same time able to proactively reach out for mentorship and guidance which is availed to you