Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers.
We’re looking for a data analyst intern to join the Data team in Carousell and work with our team on a surfeit of data related projects in Carousell which may include but are not limited to report automation, A/B testing, machine learning, statistical modeling, data visualisation and generating product & business insights with data analysis.
This role will report into the Senior Data Analyst.
Note - This will be a 5 months internship programme based in Singapore starting from May 2020, the right to work in Singapore is required.
- You will be attached to one of the domains in the Data Team - monetisation, and will own major areas of responsibility - Autos, Property and Services throughout your internship. There will also be the ability to rotate between different areas of learning should the opportunity arise.
- The scope of data projects or tasks you may be involved in include but are not limited to:
- Support product team for 3 most rapidly growing categories - Autos, Property and Services.
- Own user funnel analysis that helps understand exactly how people are interacting with Carousell app and visualize the user journey to show how many people convert at each page and where they drop off.
- Communication and presentation of key insights to business or product stakeholders to aid decision making how to drive more customers for vertical sellers.
- Conduct AB testing and experiment design for new product features.
- During internship you will learn or improve following skills:
- Understanding business requirements and translate it into tasks
- Working with multiple stakeholders and prioritizing tasks and deliverables (80/20 rule)
- How to effectively present and visualize data insights
- Data management and automation of reports
- Querying and modelling big amount of data
- Real life applications of machine learning and statistical modeling (e.g. models to predict churn users)
- Producing reproducible scripts and documentation of your models
- Good SQL and Python knowledge is preferred - you should possess at least basic core skills in querying and processing data
- Good stats knowledge is preferred - understanding of basic statistical concepts like P-value or T-tests will help aid experimentation and testing
- Sensitive to data integrity and understand the importance of data quality to generate accurate analysis
- Good communication skills to understand business requirements and communicate with / present to business stakeholders where needed
- A positive, can do attitude - resourceful to drive your own learning while at the same time able to proactively reach out for mentorship and guidance which is availed to you