Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We’re looking for a Country Marketing Manager to lead the Hong Kong consumer marketing team to drive growth of our Hong Kong user base & build a strong market position with consumers.
- Responsible for coordination and alignment of all communications to users, regardless of campaign origin (e.g. trade marketing & regional marketing functions)
- Overall responsibility for the user growth targets for the country
- Develop & execute annual and quarterly consumer marketing strategy plans, budgets and objectives for Hong Kong in partnership with squads
- Work with country manager to align on business targets and marketing strategies to acquire the right target audience segments
- Work with regional marketing teams (Brand, CRM, DM, Marketing, Comms) to design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that will drive topline brand awareness, brand consideration as well as key user growth metrics (e.g. active users, transacting users, retention) in our target segments
- Evaluate effectiveness of activities conducted and optimize together with regional and local teams
- Lead a local consumer marketing team, providing coaching and development to team members to accomplish goals
- Ensure all campaigns are locally relevant for the country
- Deliver media savings & efficiencies across marketing investments
- Explore use of Carousell tools and features to enable marketing automation
- 6-8 years of consumer marketing experience, out of which, 1-2 years in leading teams.
- Experience running integrated marketing campaigns with both traditional and digital media in Hong Kong.
- Solid marketing, digital, CRM knowledge and experience.
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs
- You enjoy developing people and teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Strong content strategy and development skills: able to piece together disparate or siloed marketing campaigns or material into one overarching coherent story
- You understand the Hong Kong consumer well and are able to think through various segments’ point of view
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.