Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The content marketing team at Carousell is responsible for creating content that is engaging for our users and helps build category awareness. The team works with the regional category and country marketing teams, to help the local markets and categories grow in users , leads and transactions. We’re a hardworking, creative bunch of people who love puns, fun and all things quirky.
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven content specialist to join the team in setting content marketing standards across the region, to ensure that our users stay engaged and our potential users see the value of becoming a Carousell user.
This role will report into the Regional Head of Category and Country marketing.
- Be responsible for producing content and continuously improving our content playbook across our 6 active markets (SG, PH, MY, HK, TW, ID) for the following channels:
- Digital marketing
- Paid influencer engagements
- Owned blog or app editorial content
- Signature and BAU campaign assets for overall marketplace
- Research on content best practices and constant updates on what’s trending in markets on social platforms to inform the content playbooks
- Produce content, with specialisation into one vertical and also for general Carousell buy-sell content across up to 6 markets
- Work closely with the other functional teams, e.g. CRM, SEO to ensure that the content we develop for these channels adhere to their best practices
- Work closely with the country marketing teams to ensure that the content we develop for these countries is relevant yet flexible for localisation
- Closely monitor the performance of each content piece to consistently optimise results and map back the impact to overall business goals
- Work closely with the Brand team to bring our brand position & messages to life
- A keen interest in sociocultural trends and interesting content across different channels
- Strong copywriting & presentation skills
- A creative problem-solver with the ability to approach a matter from different angles
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills required
- Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features
- Able to share a portfolio of past marketing campaigns
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly to changes
- Familiarity with a variety of communications platforms, including social media, above-the-line, CRM and earned media
- Experience with content creation, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, CRM and integrated marketing campaign design/management a plus
- Degree in marketing and communications and/or a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a relevant marketing or content role