Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The marketing team at Carousell is responsible for growing and nurturing the marketplace of sellers and buyers. The team works cross-functionally to meet the business goals for the market, and strives to ensure that Carousell keeps our users at the heart of what we do at all times. The team is young, dynamic, creative, nimble and most importantly, looks out for what is helpful, relevant to and considerate of our users’ needs.
We’re looking for a hardworking, energetic and entrepreneurial category marketing manager to join the team and build the category of (Services), ensuring that users who are highly engaged with the category continue to grow and see value in what we offer, bringing new and/or inactive users into the category, and setting up a fully integrated marketing ecosystem to service the needs of our users. The Category Marketing Manager will have the exciting responsibility of reimagining how we can respond to the needs and wants of users of that category, and will thus need to be adventurous, curious and tenacious.
This role will report into the Regional Category Marketing Lead.
- Be the expert in the category, providing input to the product team to build the most relevant and seamless user experience for highly engaged users of the category
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to build the most representative and accurate profile of the user in your category to be able to build strategic marketing campaigns that speak to these users and encourage them to list or chat
- Plan and manage the design of integrated marketing campaigns for growing the Services category, providing strategic direction and guidance to your stakeholders and local marketing teams, and taking care of the relevant target audience segments at whichever stage of the user journey they are at
- Execute the communications and marketing requirements for these campaigns. This includes new product updates, user acquisition, reactivation of non-active users and engagement of active users
- Track the results of these campaigns and getting familiar with the metrics used to optimise and report the results
- Optimise content and targeting for future iterations of ongoing or recurring campaigns
- Engage with our users for feedback and improvement of policies and guidelines and providing input on user research projects, if any
- Guide the local marketing teams and reviewing draft work to maintain consistent quality standards and implementation
- Understand key business metrics and basic levers on how to impact them (WAU, DAU, listings, listers, chatters, chats, transaction)
- Digest and applying learnings from post-campaign reports, brand effectiveness and audience studies
- Build and maintain relationships/networks with relevant stakeholders, in ways that help to deliver strategies/plans as a whole, and with smooth and timely delivery
- Coordinate key activities and partnerships with stakeholders
- Serve as the main point of contact or representative for communicating with stakeholders, addressing queries and providing clarifications
- Assess and manage mutually beneficial and impactful partnerships with potential and existing clients and partners
- Strong presentation skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills required
- Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features
- Able to share a portfolio of past marketing campaigns
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly to changes
- Familiarity with a variety of communications platforms, including social media, above-the-line and earned media
- Experience with content creation, CRM and integrated marketing campaign design/management a plus
- Degree in marketing and communications and/or a minimum of 3-5 year’s experience in a relevant integrated marketing role