Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The Merchant Services team at Carousell is responsible for establishing Carousell as the to-go online marketplace platform for all kinds of businesses ranging from retail, ecommerce, business services, home services & many more. The primary objectives of the Merchant Services team is to acquire new businesses to be on Carousell, promote and educate Carousell advertising tools and ensure a long lasting relationship with Carousell.
We are looking for an experienced Sales and Account Executive/Manager to acquire & support businesses, brands, stores etc. to on-board & advertise with Carousell. This individual will drive sales of media and internal products (e.g. Carousell Coins) and manage advertiser accounts to ensure they are successful & using Carousell’s ad product. The scope will include all categories and sectors in Singapore, excluding cars and property sectors.
This role will report to the Sales Lead.
- Drive sales of assigned category/territory, acquire & on-board new merchants onto Carousell and achieve individual sales & revenue targets through your efforts
- Proficient in prospecting through cold calling, canvassing & cold emails/LinkedIn etc
- Able to articulate clearly & confidently the USPs and value proposition of advertising on Carousell and follow-up through the sales process
- Experienced in managing sales pipeline and able to accurately forecast weekly sales and implement GTM sales strategies to achieve monthly targets
- Build lasting business relationships with advertisers, ensuring they are successful in their business objectives when using Carousell ad products and media
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with clients establishing as trusted consultant at all levels
- Advise on client’s digital strategy and educate advertisers on Carousell ad platform across channels and devices
- Optimise accounts to improve performance for the advertiser
- Aggressively grow sales and track retention of clients and/or agencies, negotiating additional budgets along with up-selling new Carousell products
- Run performance reviews with clients to iterate and improve on Carousell’s effectiveness for clients and get feedback to further strengthen Carousell’s products and services
- A general diploma/degree &/or in business administration, marketing or a related field
- Passionate for sales and able to cold call, canvass, lead generate etc. and clear understanding of sales process and pipeline management
- At least 2 years of experience in media sales or B2B small business management
- Proven track record in identifying new opportunities and closing deals with small and large companies with a solution-based approach for clients
- Strong and in depth understanding of mobile, online business, ad tech, marketplace, e-commerce and/or classifieds
- Have exceptional communication skills and an ability to build excellent rapport with strategic decisions makers
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management experience, including multitasking to run, lead or execute multiple time-sensitive projects in parallel
- Resourceful, driven and a team player
- Bonus if you are a Carousell user
- Bonus if you have experience working in a startup environment before or in eCommerce