Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell is driven by our mission to inspire billions to start selling successfully and consuming more consciously. Our engineering team designs, develops, and delivers the mobile and web applications and applications services which power the Carousel selling and buying experience. Ensuring that experience stays simple is challenging and Carousell engineering, along with Carousell Product, takes this challenge up on a daily basis.
- Establish and nurture a high performing engineering culture in partnership with Head of Engineering and other engineering leaders.
- Implement and evolve patterns, practices, and processes to support effective design, development, and delivery of customer value, in partnership with Head of Engineering, other engineering leaders, and Product Leaders.
- Coach and mentor engineering leaders to be more effective leaders of people and teams
- Coach and mentor individual engineers to be more effective individual contributors
- Ensure adherence to established patterns, practices, and processes in areas of immediate responsibility and across engineering
- Contribute to strategic planning in areas of immediate responsibility and across engineering
- Track record of successful management of Infrastructure, Site Reliability and Platforms
- Demonstrated ability on managing trade-offs and demands of multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading and growing a high performing engineering organization
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to engineering leaders
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to individual engineers
- Track record of recruiting, retaining, and growing high performing talent
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years experience in an engineering leadership or management role