Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell’s People Team enables dreams to be realised. It is never easy - especially when dreams are big, hairy and audacious! That is why we partner the business, aka dream chasers to help pave the way and solve problems. As the company develops, our team grows as well. We may become more versatile, dynamic, structured, targeted and intentional; but we always stay grounded to our principles and shape our environment to inspire trust across the entire organisation.
We are looking for a Payroll Manager who is a team player and loves numbers as much as he/she loves people (which we hope is a lot)!
You will join the People Team and report to the Head of People.
- Manage and develop the payroll function in all operating locations of the Carousell Group to:
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Act as subject matter expert on payroll. Interpret new legislations impacting payroll
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of payroll data at all times
- Prepare relevant payroll-related reports as required by the business and other stakeholders e.g. payroll, audit etc.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll
- Provide a positive employee experience
- Work closely with teammates who specialise in finance, people and sales operations as well as in compensation & benefits
- Continuously review and improvement of payroll policies and procedures
- Manage relationships with external vendors, monitor service level metrics and enforce contractual obligations
- Passion to make second hand the first choice
- Grit & resilience to overcome challenges and problem-solve
- Prior experience in managing end-to-end payroll processing for at least 3 of the abovementioned operating locations
- The ability to work independently
- Trained and/or be exposed to payroll-related legislations
- Great comfort working with numbers and ability to comprehend and translate data to come up with insights and/or strategies