Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell’s product team leads this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be - smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
Customer Relationship Management
Our customers (buyers and sellers) are the people that make Carousell exist. Managing our communication with our users is critical at every stage of the customer journey to communicate the relevant message and make them feel excited about the platform. Obsessing over the customer experience and delivering the right messaging at the right time to the right user is critical to earning trust and staying relevant for our customers. Creating and conforming to rules and guidance of an overall communication framework and personalizing user-centric communication are some of the key responsibilities of this team
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join us in Bangalore on this exciting journey. You will partner with a talented team of Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, CRM and Marketing team and have complete ownership of the customer communication framework at Carousell. You will be responsible for running experiments, formulating relevant communication, prioritization framework for customer communication including emails and push notifications, and delivering a highly personalized user communication -- right from exciting new users about Carousell to helping both buyers and sellers in their onboarding and overall journey at Carousell.
- Create and own the CRM framework at Carousell
- Own User onboarding and communication
- Create rules around messaging prioritization
- Experiment across communication templates
- Conduct A/B testing to champion the best and most impactful experience
- Run cohort analysis of customer segments and personalize messaging
- Combine usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to understand the domain deeply and identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Transform user problems into validated solutions leveraging all possible consumer touch points, such as our Mobile apps and Website, Email and Push Notifications, Customer Experience and Marketplace Operations, and other possible means
- Ruthlessly prioritize, drive stakeholder alignment, proactively manage risks & dependencies and plan for rapid & intentional experimentation.
- Lead the delivery of validated solutions while working with the multi-disciplinary CRM team and other important partners & stakeholders in the company
- Measure the results of changes introduced, decide and communicating on success or failure, identify key learnings and integrate them in overall user, product & feature understanding.
- 6+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a customer facing or marketing organization
- Experience of working on user communication
- Analytical skills to understand & generate insights from user data
- Strong prioritisation and execution skills, taking complete ownership
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Customer Obsession
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others
Good to have:
- Experience working in e-commerce industry.
- MBA or a masters degree