Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell’s product managers lead this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
- Attract, develop and retain the best product managers, who enjoy working in innovation, user-focused solutions, and thrive in a fast paced, fun environment
- Inspire the team to dream big and innovate to delight users
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics
- Set clear measurable goals for your product managers and the tech teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts they work with
- Use data, market and user research, and rapid prototyping to identifying user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to quickly build products and services that create significant value for users and revenue for the company
- Champion product management functional excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline; Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience product managing consumer internet products
- People management and development experience with teams across multiple locations
- Able to work independently under minimum supervision
You will have demonstrated:
- Perseverance and resourcefulness: Building a great company that users love is hard work. We are looking for team members who overcome challenges and find a way through when things get tough.
- High business impact: We are results oriented and solve problems. We value people who focus on the right things and get them done.
- Strategic awareness, financial fluency and a strong understanding of a profit and loss account.
- Exceptional technical and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.