Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a Group Tax Manager for our fast-growing Finance team. Our ideal teammate will have a blend of Corporate Tax, Transactional Tax & Accounting experience in a regional setup. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while also having an eye for the nuances that make or break a brand!
This is an Independent contributor role, full-time position based in Bangalore. Regional travelling is required.
- Manage the tax compliance obligations and risk for the group entities in SEA and India
- Propose and implement various tax strategies to ensure optimal savings and provide tax advice to management team on business development initiatives
- Partner with group business leaders, finance and legal teams on various tax planning matters
- Act as the primary tax point-of-contact and expert for the group
- Manage tax audits
- Manage tax and other government incentives and grants
- Manage interco transactions in a tax efficient manner
- Qualified CA or CPA
- Minimum 10+ years proven corporate tax and transactional tax experience preferably in Big 4 or in an e-commerce regional setup having a sound understanding of the current tax treatments
- Transfer Pricing knowledge is a plus
- Creative problem solving skills and is process-driven
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Good organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple deliverables and tight timelines
- Great leadership skills, is meticulous to detail and numbers-driven
- Able to business partner with regional counterparts and is a problem solver
- Independent, technically strong with a strategic and conceptual mindset, and a motivated team player