Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a Process Improvement Associate Specialist to take charge of problems which challenge the safety and integrity of Carousell's products. The Process Improvement Associate Specialist will be the strategic mind behind the team with a passion for doing what is right! You will work closely with the engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud deals at Carousell. This will be a role which you take pride in to promote trust and ensuring high levels of user safety.
- Work with multiple sources of data to come up with relevant data stories and insights on how to make processes more efficient from both ends (internal processing and user experience).
- Document, review, and implement process efficiency projects across groups within Marketplace Experience (MX).
- Provide feedback on current bottlenecks and manhour computations of tasks related to different MX functions.
- Project manage inter-departmental projects aimed at improving workflows spanning the MX teams
- Ability to manipulate the MX team’s system to fit current company requirements
- Work on multiple sources of data and come up with relevant data stories and insights on how to make processes more efficient
- Collaborate and engage with different teams and departments on enhancing operational metrics and drive team efficiency
- Drive projects under MX, create processes, perform training, and implementation
- Conceptualize and prepare projects aimed at increasing workflow efficiency required for tasks being performed manually by different groups within MX.
- Create workflow and data points required to further improve data stories that is aimed at making processes more efficient while targeting better customer experience
- At least a Bachelor’s/College degree in Business and other related courses
- At least 5 years of work experience related to process improvement or project management, preferably coming from online businesses or tech-related industries
- Project management to plan and execute a long-term project
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; must be able to tell a story with data and metrics
- Data Management and Analytics – Efficiently and accurately gather information relevant to the continued operations of a business, analyze this data for significant trends or potential issues, and relay these findings to upper management
- Detail oriented mindset – to spot patterns quickly even with limited variables
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Able to work and self-organise with rapidly changing priorities
- Skilled at influencing stakeholders and gaining buy-in for ideas
- Ability to lead a cross-functional project team
- Good interpersonal skill and is a team player
- Great passion for technology, business improvement and self-growth
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to be flexible, problem-solve, and wear multiple hats in a start-up and multicultural environment