Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a Financial Controller for our fast-growing Finance team in the Philippines. Our ideal teammate will have a blend of Accounting, Finance, Tax and Treasury experience in leading a controllership team. You’re comfortable working in the fast-paced environment in growth mode, while also having an eye for the nuances of the job.
This is a full-time role based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Reporting to Head of Country Finance and oversee all accounting, finance, tax and controllership functions
- Strategic partner to the HQ finance and other C-suite leaders in the country
- Manage the local finance team in daily operations and month close activities
- Manage internal reporting, tax & statutory reporting.
- Ensure the overall accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the financial information
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Oversee Procure to Pay and Order to Cash functions
- Support the leaders with insightful business & finance inputs relating to key business decisions
- Evaluate and advise accounting implications proactively during business changes
- Manage the Audits, regulators and tax compliance
- Manage treasury and Cash Flow
- Establish sound internal control and standard financial/operating procedure
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
Lead Finance projects and improvise processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- Registered CPA
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of solid proven experience in financial controllership, preferably in a fast-paced or e-commerce industry
- Experienced in managing teams
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Proven knowledge in Philippine accounting practices, standards, laws and regulations (IFRS)
- Tech-savvy, able to work with systems and able to manipulate large amounts of data; advanced skills in MS Office, Google Suite and ERP (Netsuite)
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Strong acumen in business logic
- Self-driven with good organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple deliverables and tight timelines
- A team player with good communication skills
- Can work in Ortigas, Pasig