Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a high-energy, forward-thinking executive to join us in scaling Carousell in our next phase of growth, and to take on leadership of our consumer marketing function and global growth strategy. This role reports to the CEO.
- Overall responsibility for the Carousell growth strategy & squad
- Own the responsibility of the overall growth strategy to deliver user growth and generate leads for our paying customers, including dealers, agents and advertisers
- Responsible in P&L for selected markets in the portfolio that have a growth focus
- Set the marketing strategy - positioning, target segments, creative direction & marketing mix to acquire and retain users for our core general classifieds marketplace as well as in our verticals (autos & property) space
- Lead and manage our marketing functions, currently comprising Digital Marketing (SEO, CRM, Digital acquisition), Brand Marketing, PR/ Comms and Marketing Operations
- Executive sponsorship for the Classifieds Growth segment in the organisation
- Build, develop and grow leaders and team members in your team through coaching, guidance and leading by example
- Jointly scale the organization with fellow leaders, with view that Carousell is a rapidly growing and evolving organization, hence requiring agility and versatility
- 15+ years of general management and business experience, ideally in consumer tech space. Experience as a member of an executive leadership team in a company.
- Demonstrated experience growing a company operating in a competitive and evolving marketplace - ability to think from a growth hacking point of view as well as understand the value of building long term brand equity
- Experienced and skilled operator in aligning teams on common goals, and making things happen across cross-functional teams, including product and engineering
- Passionate people leader who have experience and enjoy developing people and teams to set them up for success under your watch
- Strong and inspirational communication and presentation skills; able to marry insights and data to articulate and inspire a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Possess a positive growth mindset and draw energy from change as an opportunity; Experience working in a fast-paced, startup-like environments is a bonus
- Detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once