Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a React workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
We are now looking for Frontend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Build new and key features for the Carousell web platform by working closely with the product and design teams.
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the web app.
- Build a high performance dynamic web application with technologies such as React, Flux, Webpack, ES6, Node.js, etc.
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment.
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications (especially those built on Django/Flask)
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish
- Experience with automated testing framework
- Strong Computer Science background