Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for an Assistant Treasury Manager for our fast-growing Finance team. Our ideal teammate will have a solid background and experience in managing the Treasury function in a regional set up. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment while also having an eye for the nuances that make or break a brand!
This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
- Provide operational support for all activities within the group treasury function. This includes front, middle, and back-office activities across cash, investments, foreign exchange and loans.
- Manage cash balances, bank accounts, and maintain E-banking systems of subsidiaries locally and overseas
- Monitor FX movements for most efficient and effective cash conversions.
- Identify natural hedges within the group
- Support negotiation and documentation of financing including the on-going compliance for banking facilities of subsidiaries locally and overseas
- Introduce group treasury policies and ensure adherence
- Monitor and support all treasury matters to subsidiaries locally and overseas in accordance with group treasury policies
- Enable inter-company loans
- Prepare weekly treasury reports and assist in other treasury reporting requirements of the group
- Implement, maintain and propose enhancements to treasury management system (TMS)
- Facilitate internal and external audits
- Assist on special projects/tasks assigned
- Manage group-wide liquidity through cash-sweep and inter-co funding
- Responsible for all TT & cheque payments, operations of all international bank accounts for both incoming and outgoing, liaising with bankers, handling transactions and ad-hoc queries, handling KYC / compliance matters, and maintaining good working relationships with the banks
- Cash flow management within the organization and liaise with internal teams for forecasting cash flows
- Maximise returns from cash at bank, through planning tenors of fixed deposits/competitive bidding between banks, to maximise the returns while serving group cash needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or any related discipline. CA or CPA preferred
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in front, middle and back-office treasury functions
- Direct experience in cash, bank accounts and loans management, foreign exchange and derivatives is preferred
- Experience in bank document negotiations – including on-boarding / KYC, facilities agreement etc
- Possess good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and IT savvy
- Comfortable to work on both routine and ad-hoc requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and well organised individual, able to work well under pressure