Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 5 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in working with Carousell.
We are looking for a maternity cover brand lead to bring the Carousell brand to life. This is a 6 months contract maternity cover position. You should be able to commit full time from the period of mid-November 2019 to mid-May 2019.
- Continue to drive the marketing strategy - positioning, target segments, creative direction & marketing mix to acquire and retain users for our core marketplace as well as in our verticals (autos & property)
- Lead a team of 2 - 3 people to execute on integrated marketing campaigns (local marketing, PR, product, performance marketing) through managing a creative and media agency to position the brand appropriately for long term growth.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to incorporate brand health learnings into the Carousell’s brand planning process.
- Act as an internal consultant to team leads working on marketing projects with broad awareness goals to ensure a successful outcome
- Ensure that company wide communications is aligned with target audience segmentation.
- Ensure that brand guidelines are adhered to and deconflict in situations that do not.
- Foresees and identifies opportunities and formulates plans to manage and exploit them to drive the business
- 8+ years’ experience in brand and integrated marketing working on consumer brands in Singapore. Bonus if they’ve you’ve worked on consumer technology brands or in FMCG before.
- Experience in brand building, brand measurement (tracker / campaign metrics) and audience segmentation in a regional and global capacity.
- Experience working at a highly matrixed organization and providing mentorship to more junior employees.
- High-level strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Problem solver with excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills to gather business/user insights and apply learnings.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to partner closely with commercial team to create win-win situation
- Strong people management skills and experience.
- Excellent project leadership and project management skills and ability to juggle between projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and effectively with agencies
- Ability to make strategic recommendations, draft presentation decks and present to company leadership.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment, making judgment calls and shifts as needed.