Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We’re looking for a Head of People (HoP) to join us in scaling Carousell in our next phase of growth. This role reports to the Co-founder and CEO, and will own the establishing and executing of Carousell’s People strategy and plans. If you enjoy solving problems at scale; strive in a fast pace and agile environment. Read on!
- Develop People plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objective
- Establish people roadmap that effectively communicates and supports the firm's mission and strategic vision
- Function as a strategic business advisor/partner to the executive staff and management of each business unit or squad owner regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the firm's executive staff team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the people needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the People function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally
- Develop and grow the capabilities of the people team so they have career growth
- Be the spokesperson for Carousell for all People matters
- 10-15 years stint in strategy and general management in People function
- Excellent communication skills. You’re able to inspire with purpose while delivering complex insights in a concise and simple manner, both in written and verbal form
- Comfortable working in a matrix structure and delivering impact through influence
- You have proven the ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute.
- Has a track record of building strong and loyal teams
- Experience working in a startup-like environment and hyper-scale establishment
- Embody Carousell’s core values and value add to Carousell’s Culture
- Has classifieds; marketplace or e-commerce industry experience is a plus