Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Join the fast-paced world of the Comms team at Carousell! Working with PR agencies and stakeholders, we are responsible for managing the brand’s reputation regionally. When we are not busy pitching media interviews for our spokespeople, we create and execute high-impact stories to amplify our brand awareness.
The Comms team at Carousell is looking for a passionate and creative newsmaker to elevate the brand to the next level! You’re not just a PR person at Carousell, you’re the lead in a mini-startup within Carousell. That means you’re empowered to develop out-of-the-box PR campaigns across the countries and independent enough to guide the company’s vision and PR strategy. We are looking for someone who’s creative, dedicated and passionate about working in a start-up.
This role will report to the Regional Head of Communications
- Write & edit press releases for various types of media
- Create presentation material for executive communications
- Be creative and oversee the conceptualization and execution of Carousell’s trust & safety campaigns across multiple countries
- Have excellent judgment and be great at managing corporate reputation and media queries
- Have a strong network of media relations and able to build relationships with new contacts regionally
- Be on the pulse of breaking news - able to generate creative and innovative content that will help shape the media perception of Carousell, spotting trends that we are able to leverage on, and savvy enough to spot editorial opportunities for Carousell
- Be great at event management, from planning to executing press conferences, roadshows and other PR-related events
- Work with and manage PR agencies to deliver quality coverage in each market
- A flair for writing and adapting messages for different audiences, e.g. for tech publications, business press, influencers/blogger, corporate tech, and corporate content
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Mandarin a plus
- 3+ years in Communications or PR-related sector, agency experience a plus
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Strong prioritization and execution skills, taking complete ownership of projects
- A natural passion to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around you
- A love of technical things and working knowledge of the fast-paced start-up world