Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our product engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the TPM Team in Singapore.
- Report to the CTO and work closely with the Technology Leadership team
- Collaborate with product managers, engineering managers, data analysts, engineers and stakeholders to drive a holistic approach to program management
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop the business case, and identify both technical and non-technical requirements of programs
- Plan, prioritise and facilitate all aspects of program planning on a quarterly or half-yearly cadence
- Effectively communicate the requirements, impact and outcomes to engineers, and understand the programs’ impact on technical architecture, performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility and security
- Plan an optimal path for program execution across all teams to maximize flow and the business outcomes
- Facilitate inter-team communication and resolution of program-level dependencies, including the escalation of impediments and risk management
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner and act as a conduit to other teams and business stakeholders
- Track, monitor and communicate program status, metrics and reports (e.g. burndown charts, burnup charts, sprint reports, etc.) to stakeholders and ensure that delivery commitments are met
- Conduct regular reviews of timelines, learnings and traffic control
- Coach ScrumMasters and Teams in adapting to Lean-Agile practices and process improvement
- Drive continuous improvement in an agile organisation
- Conduct program retrospectives and build a culture of learning
- Promote transparency, collaboration, information sharing and better decision making via knowledge management
- Ensure staffing capacity and coverage to match ongoing and incoming programs and initiatives
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of proven program/project management experience in delivering software, including tracking the software delivery process using tracking tools and metrics
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
- Detail-oriented, and able to focus on the details while maintaining the big picture view
- Experience working with multiple agile cross-functional teams
- Ability to mediate conflicts and use your experience to drive change and help stakeholders to solve complex problems
- Have exceptional communication skills and an ability to build rapport with everyone in the organisation, not just with engineers
- Proven oral, written, and business presentation skills. Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines
- Adept at working in across teams and business units with excellent influencing and negotiation abilities