Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we're in more than 20 major cities with almost 200 million listings, more than 70 million items sold. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
The Legal & Compliance team is responsible for all legal and compliance aspects of Carousell's operations across all countries where Carousell has a local presence including Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Australia and Vietnam.
Do you want your work to impact product features and services used by millions? Are you highly motivated, creative and passionate about law and technology? If so, then Carousell’s legal team is looking for you!
This role will report to the Senior Legal Counsel.
This is a full-time internship of 3 months, and preferably for a 6 month period.
- Prepare materials for training employees based locally & regionally
- Assist with legal and regulatory compliance gap analysis
- Assist with legal research on legal topics both domestic and international
- Update and maintain tracker for ongoing agreements
- To provide support on legal projects
- Currently completing 1st or 2nd year of a legal degree
- Interested in building and understanding the relationships between business units and legal
- Solutions oriented, positive mindset, can work under pressure, loves tech
- A good sense of humour :)
- A particular interest and broad knowledge of personal data regulations, e-commerce, consumer technology and payments
- Have our users at heart
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and deadline oriented