Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Golang workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
We are now looking for Fullstack Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in Vietnam.
- Design and build scalable REST APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Build new and key features for the Carousell web platform by working closely with the product and design teams.
- Work with the Android, iOS, web, product and design teams to build innovative, robust, and easy-to-use features for our users.
- Work with infrastructure team on performance profiling and optimisation.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience.
- Experience with a backend web framework such as Golang, Python, Django/Flask (preferred) or other similar stacks e.g. Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with using a RDBMS like PostgreSQL (preferred) or MySQL, and object caches like Memcached and/or Redis.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies or be willing to learn.
- Eager and passionate to grow and learn with a strong collaborative mindset.