Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
As the Category Manager, you are responsible for leading the implementation of strategic projects and new service offerings and to drive operational excellence for process and efficiency improvements to ensure that our sales performance is on track. You are expected to project manage the execution of the different projects and initiatives and then handover running operations to the respective teams. You are also expected to review and improve the daily operations, which includes sales operations, marketing initiatives and recruitment by HR. You will be working very closely not just with internal vertical stakeholders, but also across functions of the organization.
This role is an individual contributor role with heavy requirements on indirectly influencing multiple stakeholders, both within and outside the organization. Proven experience in delivering multiple small-scale and large-scale projects is a must. Discipline in execution and ability to be flexible and adapt is also required in our start-up environment. Initiative, innovation and problem-solving skills are required to keep the team nimble and able to respond fast to market dynamics.
This is a full-time role based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Manage projects and execute process improvement initiatives affecting multiple functions in the organization & potentially across Carousell Philippines
- Prepare detailed project plans to execute projects and assure timely completion and achievement of deliverables
- Assess change readiness and prepare plans for helping internal and external stakeholders through change management
- Assist in problem-solving initiatives and ‘projectization’ of solutions to business issues / hurdles
- Continuously monitor the Business Unit’s performance (both improvements and deteriorations) and provide recommendations for continuous improvements across different functions like Sales, Sales Operations, HR, Marketing and Product / Engineering concerning the Business unit
- Design optimized sales and sales operations processes and ensure deployment of common solutions across divisions and businesses
- Report and deliver significant project results and process improvement efforts directly to the Business Unit Head
- Make sure all projects within cars are managed well by the respective project leads (Project Management Office Role)
- Identification of market trends and opportunities
- Analyze current marketplace and feeding back important market and competitive information to leadership team
- Work with BI and analyst teams to extract insights from data, solve problems and implement new solutions
- Continuously gathering and sharing best practices on sales techniques, administration and product improvements
- Proven project management experience with a strong track record of delivering successful projects
- Previous consulting/project management/sales management background is preferred
- Experienced user of sales CRM systems like BASE or Salesforce preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required; high proficiency in MS Excel & Powerpoint preferred
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills required
- Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Automotive/e-commerce industry experience a bonus but not required
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience in online classifieds, e-commerce and/or automobiles preferred
- Ideally a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in business areas such as Management, Marketing, Economics or Engineering