Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell's product team leads this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they're doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
Search & Recommendations
"Content Discovery" is the very heart of our C2C marketplace and that is what our "Search & Recommendations" team obsesses about: making content discovery on Carousell super relevant, frictionless and rewarding. Deep empathy for all users, web scale data & engineering systems and intelligent ML solutions are our superpowers to delight our users and generate big impact.
We are now looking for a Product Manager to join us in Singapore on this exciting journey. You will partner with a talented team of Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Analysts and have complete ownership of delivering awesome search / recommendation experiences that help millions of Carousell's daily users find stuff they love.
- Owning part of User Journey (Search & Recommendations) and KPIs associated with it.
- Developing and maintaining "Search & Recommendations" long-term vision and strategy to achieve it.
- Combining usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to understand the domain deeply and identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities.
- Transforming user problems into validated solutions leveraging all possible consumer touch points, such as our Mobile apps and Website, Email and Push Notifications, Customer Experience and Marketplace Operations, and other possible means.
- Ruthlessly prioritizing, driving stakeholder alignment, proactively managing risks & dependencies and planning for rapid & intentional experimentation.
- Leading the delivery of validated solutions while working with the multi-disciplinary "Search & Recommendations scrum team" and other important partners & stakeholders in the company.
- Measuring the results of changes introduced, deciding and communicating on success or failure, identifying key learnings and integrating them in overall user, product & feature understanding.
- Bachelor in Technology or a related applied quantitative field.
- 2+ years Product Management experience in software technology sector.
- Analytical skills to understand & generate insights from "user logs".
- Strong prioritisation and execution skills, taking complete ownership.
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Passion for the industry of consumer internet products.
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others
Good to have:
- Experience in managing AI / ML powered feature development.
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems (on-prem or cloud).
- Experience working on Data Visualization tools like Looker, Tableau.
- Experience working in e-commerce industry.
- Experience working on: information retrieval / recommender systems