Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The Singapore General Classifieds teams is responsible for growing and nurturing the marketplace of sellers and buyers in Singapore. The team works cross-functionally to meet the business goals for the market, and strives to ensure that Carousell keeps our users at the heart of what we do at all times. The team is young, dynamic, creative, nimble and most importantly, keeps an eye out on what is most relevant and useful to/for our users.
We’re looking for an intern with a passion for marketing and an open, inquisitive mind towards new, creative ideas to connect with our target audiences. This role will be supporting the squad building relationships with and tools to support professional sellers on the platform.
This role will report into the Country Marketing Lead.
You will be responsible for supporting the marketing targets for the ads squad, which does not just manage relationships with professional sellers on the platform, but also builds new exciting tools to help these professional sellers to accelerate their sales. As this a relatively new squad, the scope will be relatively flexible, allowing for the intern joining our team to be able to try out opportunities in many different areas. This is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate looking to try out a range of experiences within both marketing and business development. The scope will include all categories and sectors in Singapore, excluding cars and property sectors. This includes:
- Content creation and curation for all marketing channels where relevant;
- Driving campaigns and activations to convert everyday sellers into professional sellers and share the range of our business tools/services with them;
- Working with the design team to produce design assets for content, campaigns and activations;
- Discovering and curating the best Carousellers to feature in-app and on our channels;
- Tracking the results of each effort and applying past learnings to future planning;
- All other ad-hoc tasks required by the company.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in business administration, marketing or related field
- Solid knowledge of user engagement, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of the local context and good grasp of sociocultural trends
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Responsible, driven and a team player
- Bonus if you are a Carousell user
- Bonus if you have experience working in a startup environment before