Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The Merchant Services team at Carousell is responsible for establishing Carousell as the to-go online marketplace platform for all kinds of businesses ranging from retail, ecommerce, business services, home services & many more. The primary objectives of the Merchant Services team is to acquire new businesses to be on Carousell, promote and educate Carousell advertising tools and ensure a long lasting relationship with Carousell.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Lead to manage a sales team in the Merchants Services team at Carousell, specialising in Carousell Services categories. This individual will be responsible for hiring, performance management, sales training, on-boarding of new sales teammates so as to ensure the team sales target is met and exceeded. The scope will include all categories in Services (i.e. Home Services, Lifestyle Services and Learning & Enrichment).
This role will report into the Merchant Services Sales Lead.
- Oversee & ensure team sales are met and exceeded on a monthly basis. This will involve hiring, training, performance management etc.
- Hire, manage, and coach a sales team to meet individual, category, and regional sales goals.
- Proficient in understanding and managing the entire sales process, pipeline management, prospecting through cold calling, canvassing & cold emails/LinkedIn, pitching and closing.
- Able to articulate clearly & confidently the USPs and value proposition of advertising on Carousell and follow-up through the sales process.
- Experienced in managing team sales pipeline and able to accurate weekly sales forecast and implement GTM sales strategies to achieve monthly team sales targets.
- Build lasting business relationships with advertisers, ensuring they are successful in their business objectives when using Carousell ad products and media.
- Run performance reviews with sales team to help sharpen sales strategies, product training and sales training to ensure individual/team sales targets are met & exceeded.
- Work closely with Merchant Services Sales Lead on merchant feedback and assist in creating new ad revenue products & opportunities.
- You are a results driven, able to manage a sales team under a VUCA start-up environment to meet and exceed individual/team sales monthly target.
- A diploma/degree in Business Administration, Marketing or in any related general field
- At least 3-4 years of business development experience, ideally in media and adtech space with minimum 1-2 years of managing a sales team
- Excellent sales experience & management experience required and proven sales and client service track record
- Ad-tech, B2B, SMB sales experience, ideally from a direct sales perspective
- Strong analytical capabilities - market sizing, forecasting, yield management are second nature to you
- You enjoy developing people and teams
- Strong ability to manage sales pipeline, forecast and is solutions oriented
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, classifieds or e-commerce industry experience is a plus.