Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a leader who will help drive the innovation of Carousell’s data and ad tech initiatives. The mission is to leverage data and technology to power a vibrant advertising marketplace, an insight driven sales workforce, and personalized and targeted ad content for our customers.
Reporting into the Managing Director, Advertising, the Head of Advertising Platforms will be responsible for developing and managing a team of ad operations specialists. This role also owns the management and evolution of our entire Ad Tech stack, working closely with the Product and Tech teams. This leader will ensure we are conducting business using leading platforms that are best aligned with our data-driven, audience focused, monetization strategies and goals.
We are looking for a dedicated, focused, team player capable of bringing immediate value to a growing company and managing a team of ad operations and data specialists.
- Manage the implementation of new ad & data technologies in the ad tech stack, supporting direct and programmatic sold campaigns, and ensuring maximum yield while optimizing site performance and page speed
- Act as in-house platform expert and escalation point on product and technology issues
- Assist in the development of new internal products and in the vetting and onboarding of new third-party ad platforms
- Serve as the technical authority for all technical issues involved in running online ad campaigns
- Work with media, creative and analytics teams at the onset of a campaign to identify and implement all creative and technical requirements
- Manage relationships with external vendors (such as DSPs, DMPs, verification vendors, rich media companies etc.)
- Build data structures to maximize business intelligence and ad targeting capabilities
- Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
- Be the subject matter expert of processes, policies, systems, and controls —including the ad server, order management system, and all integrated systems and tools—in order to fully comprehend a program’s impact to the department and its downstream effects, as well as to address risk management issues across entire campaign management processes
- 6+ years of experience at an ad tech publisher or digital media agency, mobile app experience is a big plus
- 4+ years of managing a team are required
- Passion and knowledge of the online advertising space including marketplace trends
- A keen eye for data and analytics to generate the strongest KPIs while balancing profitability
- Effective communicator with a strong POV and skillset to break down complicated technical details into simple concepts
- Process-oriented mind driven to develop best practices and help train team in a fast-paced environment and ever-evolving digital industry
- Proactive in catching issues and creating solutions before they escalate
- A creative and solution-oriented individual who can also be resourceful
- A self-directed professional who understands client needs and operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline
- Highly organized and professional
- A collaborative individual who can work in a team and independently
- Above all, possess the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and ethics