Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Business Analyst who will play a vital role in the strategy and decision making of Carousell PH. He/she will find solutions that exist within the data and help bring them to life which will potentially direct the future of business.
This is a full-time role based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Brainstorming with Senior Management to define the questions that need to be answered to further spur our growth and revenues
- Analyze complex data sets to derive insights using statistical techniques or just common sense
- Work together with marketing to identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of their campaigns
- Investigate user behavior following price & product changes to further increase our revenues
- Collaborate with colleagues from across Southeast Asia to discuss latest insights derived
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Statistics
- At least three years of experience working in a business or product data analytics role is ideal (exposure to growth or monetization analytics in an e-commerce or marketplace setting is a huge bonus)
- Good communication skills and business acumen - you are comfortable with presenting insights to a sizeable business audience where required
- Highly logical and structured in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to tackle the most important challenges which bring the most value
- Good statistical knowledge - you are not intimidated by terms like P-Value, Significance and T-Tests, and you also understand statistics not in a theoretical context but also on how it can be applied to validate experiments in a business environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python - you should be able to confidently use a query and scripting language respectively