Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The Legal & Compliance team is responsible for all legal and compliance aspects of Carousell's operations across all countries where Carousell has a local presence including Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Australia and Vietnam.
Do you want your work to impact product features and services used by millions? Are you highly motivated, creative and passionate about law and technology? If so, then Carousell’s legal team is looking for you!
This is a 6-months internship starting in October 2019.
This role will report to the Head of Legal.
- Provide support and ensure compliance with regulations by examining and analysing records, reports, operating practices, policies, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
- Draft, review and advise on commercial contracts (including confidentiality agreements and programmatic advertising agreements)
- Provide support and assistance to maintain a high standard of corporate governance.
- Provide support and assistance to maintain a high standard of data protection policies and practices
- Assist with various aspects of corporate secretarial work and oversee required regulatory filings.
- Provide assistance to business units, including drafting of various terms and conditions for campaigns, events and new product features
- Further develop, maintain and update internal newsletters, educational material, legal systems and records
- A minimum of 3 years PQE with relevant experience in top-tier law firms and/or in-house legal departments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and deadline oriented
- The ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and deal with ambiguity to build creative solutions
- Willingness to be hands-on and to tackle a broad range of matters outside areas of expertise
- A good sense of humour : )
- A particular interest and broad knowledge of e-commerce, consumer technology, convenience and shipping
- Our users at heart