Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The data team works on a myriad of problem domains to deliver value to our users and the business. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We're looking for a data analyst to join the Data team in Carousell. Working closely with the business stakeholder or product manager, you will be instrumental in contributing to our growth and monetization strategy.
- Partner with business & product stakeholders in leveraging data to improve our understanding of users & develop new products or marketing strategies
- Initiate self-directed, in-depth analyses to uncover data insights in various areas (segmentation, conversion, retention etc) and communicate the learnings in an actionable way for the business
- Dashboarding, visualization and monitoring of KPIs and operational metrics for the product
- Advise on and conduct A/B Testing and experimentation on a regular basis to continually validate the effectiveness of product/marketing changes and hypotheses
- 2-3 years of experience working in a business or product data analytics role is ideal. Exposure to growth or monetization analytics in a commerce or marketplace setting is a huge bonus.
- Strong SQL and Python knowledge is a pre-requisite - you should be able to confidently use a query and scripting language respectively
- Good statistical knowledge - you are not intimidated by terms like P-Value, Significance and T-Tests etc. You also understand statistics not in a theoretical context but also on how it can be applied to validate experiments in a business environment.
- Highly logical and structured in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to tackle the most important challenges which bring the most value
- Good communication skills and business acumen - you are comfortable with presenting insights to a sizeable business audience where required