Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
As an expanding organisation, we’re looking for a PR-savvy Communications Lead who is responsible for building and sustaining media relations, growing brand exposure through traditional, online and social media channels, as well as crafting and shaping communication materials that will be used to handle the reputation and understanding between the organization and the public
This is a full-time role based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Proactively reach out, build, and establish relationships with key media contacts and influencers to help encourage them to broadcast stories about OLX/Carousell and Property24 to build brand credibility, post-merger
- Produce in-house articles, press releases, presentations, official statements, advertorials, social media posts, etc.
- Work with agencies to research, write/produce, proofread, and distribute communication materials to key media channels
- Work with agencies to organize and execute projects that may include press conferences, round-table discussions, media tie-ups, and other activations
- Act as the media spokesperson and represent the company in select speaking engagements
- Conduct media trainings and briefings to upper management when they interface with media
- Coordinate closely with the legal team for official statements, investigations on potential crisis that may arise in the company
- Strategize content and manage the activities on our social media channels, particularly on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn with high-quality content to drive engagement, usage of our apps, websites and services
- Coordinate with partner agencies for our social media projects to ensure their output is aligned with our overall strategy and objectives
- Prepare weekly and monthly analytics reports for all efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts, Marketing, Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of Public Relations/Corporate Communications experience; mix of in-house and agency preferred
- Experience in working with tech/e-commerce related business is preferred
- Must be highly organized and has a great eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Has general awareness and knowledge of pop culture and market trends
- Solid approach to understanding project details and measuring impact of results
- Good sense of humor and ability to keep up with diverse personalities
- Has a creative mind that is open to idea exploration but has solid problem solving abilities
- Strong project management skills, ability to adapt to evolving needs of the organization, and manage competing projects simultaneously
- Willing to work in Ortigas, Pasig