Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
We’re looking for a topnotch Commercial Strategy Manager who will co-develop our sales, marketing and operations strategies. Along with long-term budgeting and planning, he/she will also handle the project management & execution for their respective business unit. He/she is also responsible in handing over running operations to the respective sales leads.
This is a full-time role based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Responsible for planning and budgeting, market expansion and exploring new revenue generation avenues
- Work with the Business Unit Head and other business unit leaders to establish goals per team
- Liaising with upper management and leading the execution of strategies to ensure goals are met/exceeded
- Assist other leads in the formulation of their respective teams’ strategies and tactics to ensure that we avoid ‘reinventing the wheel’ across teams
- Own the business process management in the BU and ensure that continuous improvement is practiced; making sure that all processes within are efficient, not complex and aligned with all teams
- Assist in problem-solving initiatives and ‘projectization’ of solutions
- Lead the continuous improvement projects for the BU
- Make sure all projects within the BU are managed well by the respective project leads
- Identification of market trends and opportunities
- Analyze current marketplace and feeding back important market and competitive information to leadership team
- Work with BI and analyst teams to extract insights from data, solve problems and implement new solutions
- Continuously gathering and sharing best practices on sales techniques, administration and product improvements
- Proven planning and project management experience with a strong track record of delivering projects
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to be flexible, problem-solve, and wear multiple hats in a start-up and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills required; Strong understanding of Powerpoint preferred
- Strong interest in and understanding of online marketplaces and automobiles
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in online classifieds, e-commerce and/or automobiles
- Experience in Management Consulting, commercial roles in FMCGs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in honors courses and/or business areas such as Management, Marketing, or Economics