Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
Carousell is looking for a highly experienced & business-savvy Vehicles Commercial Director who will help grow our Vehicle/Cars Business Unit in the Philippines into a strong & sustainable vertical.
This is a full-time role based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Crafts the national commercial strategy of the Vehicles business unit and owns the end-to-end execution for achieving both its revenue and its category health goals
- Coordinates closely with the global Vehicles Product and Tech team that develops solutions for all customers of the Vehicles business unit
- Supports the continuous evolution of the org structure to meet business needs
- Identifies new business opportunities within the Vehicles space and creates a minimum viable product to understand the feasibility and determine the way forward
- Plans and monitors the budget and resources of the business unit
- Optimizes sales channels to acquire and retain B2C customers on all platforms
- Designs and implements incentives and trade marketing offers to boost sales
- Works with the Sales Head and Business Analyst to optimize Salesforce efficiency
- Manages the product offering for B2C customers including composition and pricing
- Develop insightful presentations for the management for performance reviews etc.
- Ensures alignment in practices and shares learning from both wins and failures with counterparts in various business units (Vehicles, Goods / Services, Advertising)
- People Management:
- Manages 2 direct reports within the Vehicles business unit
- Strongly influences the activities and priorities of 25+ staff within the business unit
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Graduated from a highly quantitative bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of work experience and 5 years in people management role
- Strong track record of managing projects and achieving ambitious targets
- Background in a tech company and / or an automotive business preferred
- Experience in consulting, sales management or marketing preferred
- Passionate about the vehicles industry and the technology space
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and excellent communication skills
- Resilient, resourceful and humble
- Successfully collaborates in a multicultural, start up environment
- Strong in people, in project and in stakeholder management
- Comfortable working in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous industry