Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we're in more than 20 major cities with almost 200 million listings, more than 70 million items sold. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Carousell is looking for Director/ Senior Director of Accounting. The person will overlook all the entities in scope for all our markets to maintain an effective accounting framework and related internal controls. The incumbent will have the overall responsibility for accurately reporting the health of company’s financial position, ensure compliance with local laws and regulations, harmonization and adoption of best accounting practices across the region and being the driver for continuous process improvements across the region.
You will be reporting to the CFO and leading a team of talented accountants.
Been there, done that:
- Have the overall responsibility for all accounting operations including Revenue Recognition, A/R, A/P, GL and invoicing
- Manage Group Consolidation and be the ultimate owner of month-end and year-end close processes
- Manage Global Treasury operations
- Last voice on direct/ indirect taxation, transfer pricing, purchase price allocation, ESOP valuation, etc.
- Experience in Finance Due Diligence in support of M&A, investments, etc.
- Experience in post-merger integration
- Track the Group’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Provide insightful information to management to support long-term and short-term decision making
- Provide advisory for new business modeling and operationalization
- Work actively with regard to talent identification and staff development
- Identify current and future capability gaps and work towards bridging these gaps through performance management, staff development, strategic recruitment, etc.
- You will lead your team by example, always driven by our core values and the ambition to make people and businesses grow
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Oversee the relationship with external auditors, ensuring the timely closure and completion of the audited financial statements. Work proactively with local and regional teams on other statutory tax requirements
- Support team to develop business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control
- Preferably 15+ years of overall experience with at least 5 at Big 4 in Senior Manager position
- Degree in Accountancy or Professional qualification (e.g Chartered Accountants, CPA)
- Relevant Master Degree is an added advantage
- Objective with a high level of integrity
- Inspiring Leadership qualities, including the passion to help educate and level up the organization
- Business acumen and sound decision making qualities
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Good interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience in e-commerce, technology or other fast-moving environment is preferred
- Proficient in business tools, example Netsuite
- IPO experience will be a plus