Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
The Brand team at Carousell is responsible for driving awareness and building loyalty for Carousell through efficient and effective marketing across our 6 markets. The team gets to build the foundation of why we exist, who we are talking to, and consumer facing communications.They own brand metrics for markets, and work cross functionally with the business to meet their goals.
As part of our expansion plan, Carousell regional is looking for a passionate and experienced consumer insights manager to be the one source of truth, intimately understand consumer behaviours, and feed that into action to drive brand decisions across user acquisition, activation and retention. The role will be required to work with the marketing science analyst and broader data team, and draw a link between the consumer focus and marketing execution.
This is a full-time role based in Singapore and will report directly to the senior regional brand marketing manager.
- Source of truth for consumer insights through owning brand tracking, user segmentation and breaking it down in an easy to understand way for local markets
- Conceptualize brand tracking survey for Carousell and maintain and socialize across the company
- Drive and building on consumer facing segmentation and user profiles
- Carry out ad hoc qualitative or quantitative research when the need arises
- Design and execute ad hoc qualitative or quantitative research when the need arises.
- Collaborating with data science to consolidate the building of audience segments for Carousell’s advertising business and marketing for growth.
- Work with data and insights to come up with meaningful customer targeting strategies for teams to drive impact for the business
- Drive the measurement of effectiveness of marketing campaigns to grow segments
- Drive tracking of campaign performance against segments. Standardize and propose reporting on these metrics to keep the teams tracking against these.
- Work with marketing science analyst to co-develop or maintain a series of reports or dashboards to help identify patterns for problem diagnosis and action
- Consult with the marketing organization
- Input into marketing briefs and will be responsible for ensuring the analysis is relevant for the specific line of business or market.
- Proactively partner with marketing to educate/inspire them on the practicalities & potential of the use of consumer data to drive personalised marketing
- Translate data into action oriented insights for internal stakeholders.
- Provide guidance on how to measure the success of marketing campaigns, provide deeper templates or analysis into post-campaign results
- Must be comfortable working on their own projects and also be able to work with specialist experts on larger, more complex briefs
- Connect the dots on the consumer through working with key stakeholders like the marketing technology, performance marketing organization, data, product UX research marketing technology and the business strategy team
- 3-4 years of experience in a research / analytics role executing research design, insight and recommendations based on quantitative techniques using surveys.
- Qualitative experience with some experience in focus groups, interviews, in-store observation and more is a plus.
- At least 2 years in client or agency marketing organization with some understanding of brand, performance and digital channels.
- Strong communication, storytelling and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Have a proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute.
- Preference for experience at a technology / digital based company. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.
- Strong and analytical thinker, problem solver
- Works well in a matrixed team setting