Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Are you genuinely excited by helping customers? Perhaps you are patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative? If so, the Carousell Marketplace Operations team would be glad to have you on our team.
A Market Specialist must be able to put themselves in our users’ shoes and advocate for them whenever necessary. Troubleshooting would be a crucial part of this role, and one must be confident enough to investigate if they don’t have enough information to resolve user complaints. The target is to ensure excellent service and product standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and be a guardian of positive user experience.
We believe that our users feedback are priceless, and is the key to our improvement. We want them to be successful on our platform, and part of the Market Specialist role would be to voice out suggestions received in order to help our internal teams develop our app to serve the community better.
This role will report to the Marketplace Operations Manager and be working closely with both Marketplace Experience and Country team.
This position will be base in Taiwan office and Taiwanese citizenship is welcome to apply.
- Be an escalated point of contact to handle and resolve user issues such as technical, disputes, fraud and abuse cases.
- Work directly with Operations and Shared Services team to support agents in delivery quality and efficient service to our users.
- Be able to perform service recovery
- Perform transaction monitoring and analyze findings to share with organization how quality is being delivered on a function, market, or agent level
- Leverage transaction monitoring insights to drive agent adherence to critical business and customer attributes through collaboration with Partner’s Quality Assurance coaches and Content Lead
- Participate in and lead calibration sessions with Internal and Partner teams to drive consistent transaction monitoring and root cause analysis
- Compile and analyze data (e.g. KPI reports, transaction monitoring, trend and analysis) to create comprehensive reports for stakeholders and provide recommendations to mitigate any gaps identified
- To be in close communication with Country Lead and User Voice to provide insights and drive improvements
- To assist with translation needs e.g FAQs, templates
- To provide welcoming experience for new users through customised interactions and education efforts
- To support country market goals through outreach efforts
- To drive education initiatives to promote positive experience and quality users
Skills, Behaviors, Competencies:
- Demonstrate mastery of product knowledge, policies and workflows; remain apprised of updates in a timely manner.
- Confident and creative problem solver; able to drive progress and explore innovative solutions
- Collaborative; skilled working with cross-functional or remote peers/teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to provide constructive feedback, mentorship and coaching. Able to guide conversations effectively.
- Time Management; Concentrates his/her efforts on priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to and leverages a greater awareness of emotional intelligence
- Open-minded; open to varied points of view and able to adapt to different cultural environments
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing analysis and coaching
- Strong problem solving skills and strategic thinking to drive improvements
Education, Experience and Requirements
- 1-2 years of work experience in a customer service role and digital support environment
- Consistent performance in ticketing responsibilities in productivity and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese is required for Taiwan market
- Able to compose and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- A strong understanding of Excel or Google Spreadsheet is preferred