Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds companies. In the last 7 years, we grew in 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
You will be a part of the People Team, building trusted and inclusive work environments, thereby enabling our employees to be their best every day. We are a passionate, energetic and fun-loving team who believes in partnering closely with our business to build high performing culture and teams. This enables the CarouFam to achieve our mission - To inspire every person in the world to start selling & buying to make more possible for one another.
We are looking for a thought leader to drive Carousell’s first Total Rewards strategy and programmes. You will work closely with business leaders and the People team to deliver the company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP) in the most disruptive way possible. While visionary, you would still be close to the ground and attuned to the needs and constraints of the business and our people.
This role will report to the Head of People.
- Develop Carousell’s Total Rewards Strategy and Compensation Philosophy to deliver the company’s EVP
- Own analysis in support of the bi-annual compensation cycle, including design and implementation of salary, bonus, equity grant programs and sales commission plans to make sure that total rewards programs are competitive, yet aligned with business goals
- Ensure that compensation and benefits policies, tools and processes are relevant to the Total Rewards Strategy and Compensation Philosophy, and legally compliant by countries
- Ensure highly accurate and timely fulfilment of the bi-annual compensation cycle, as well as the compensation aspects of ongoing hiring and relocations, ensuring that internal equity is maintained
- Manage employee benefits programs such as insurance and medical claims, leave of absence tracking and data collection
- Participates in continuous improvement projects, systems improvements and initiatives
- Coach other team members where relevant, to be efficient in their role (eg. recruiters; in developing salary proposals for new hires)
- Works with other members of the People team to deliver a consistent, meaningful and positive employee experience
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Formal education in compensation modelling and planning
- Proven, deep analytic, financial analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll practices and labour regulations across
- Meticulous in detail and communication with a deep level of care
- Proactively organized and able to multitask and meet deadlines
- High degree of professionalism with ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Able to work well under pressure and effectively with little direction, taking the lead in situations where possible
- A natural passion to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around you