Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
We are now looking for Web Engineer to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Build new and key functionality for the Carousell web platform by working closely with the product and design teams to optimize for SEO
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the web app to improve page ranking
- Build a high performance dynamic web application with technologies such as React, Redux, Webpack, Node.js, etc.
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment.
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications (especially those built on Django/Flask)
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish
- Strong Computer Science background
- Experience with building high performance web pages with SEO optimizations is a bonus