Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
We’re looking for a highly enthusiastic and meticulous individual that is significant to our Carousell platform in high volume transactions reconciliation. This role is highly challenging and significantly impact the users experience in our platform.
Position based in KL, Malaysia. Travelling is required.
- Provide support to the Reconciliation Manager in delivering a professional and consistent service to stakeholders in resolving inquiries related to reconciliations and enhance the effectiveness of the team.
- Perform various tasks related to reconciliations, including investigation, resolution and escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance to key controls within the reconciliation processes
- Assist in identifying and support changes in systems and processes
- Generate periodical performance reporting to ensure adherence to internal guidelines.
- Communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders i.e. Gateway provider, bank, local finance, product team
- Ad hoc assignment
- Basic knowledge of accounting/finance
- Working experience in relevant finance field is a must
- To demonstrate the capability of reconciling complex and high volume transactions (scenario case may be given during the interview session)
- To demonstrate teamwork
- To demonstrate good communication & presentation skill to various stakeholders
- Experience in e-commerce, payment and shipping a strong plus
- Experience in Netsuite would be an added advantage