Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Carousell is looking for an experienced media strategist to support brands and agencies that advertise with Carousell. This individual will support the sales and BD teams on ideation, conceptualisation and pitching to ensure that agencies and advertisers are successful in using Carousell’s ad products and high-intent audience segments to achieve their business objectives.
This is a full-time role based out of Singapore. You will report into the Director of Business Development.
- Understand client business objectives and develop campaigns to meet their goals using Carousell’s ad platform & media inventory options across channels and devices
- Ideate, conceptualise and propose campaigns together with the media sales teams. This also includes making compelling presentations to the clients in some cases. Achieve team sales & revenue targets through your efforts
- Develop presentation templates for the media sales team
- Work with Product teams to realise pitches, identify potential early adopter advertisers for new products, and successfully pitch and ideate on go-to-market of new products
- Work with Ad Operations, Campaign Operations, local Marketing and Product teams to bring the best possible solutions to clients and ensure that advertiser campaigns can be successfully executed
- Share successful concepts and decks regionally, with our media sales teams in Hong Kong and Malaysia
- 5+ years of experience in media, creative or marketing agencies
- Proven track record in pitching and closing accounts with creative and effective proposals
- Presentation and presentation design skills: the ability to build proposal presentations that incorporate both data and client insights and deliver them convincingly
- Strong and in-depth understanding of mobile, online business, ad tech, marketplace, e-commerce and/or classifieds
- Have exceptional communication skills and an ability to build excellent rapport with strategic decisions makers. You go the extra mile to try to understand the pain points of the client and are creative about bringing them solutions
- Good understanding of how to run and measure performance with relevant KPIs
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Quantitative/analytical experience
- Project management experience, including multitasking to run, lead or execute multiple time-sensitive projects in parallel