Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, the systems engineering team works on a variety problem domains. The challenges range from designing scalable systems for a huge and critical user base, making best use of various infrastructure automation technologies to troubleshooting intricate performance and scale issues.
- Design and build core infrastructure components that power Carousell. This includes all layers of the stack: routing, services, storage etc.
- Automate all aspects of infrastructure deployment to ensure fast, error free and repeatable deployments.
- Design and deploy best in class monitoring and alerting systems to ensure easy troubleshooting when needed.
- Optimize performance of various components, including application code, databases, key-value stores, indexing engines etc.
- Ensure high availability of the Carousell infrastructure.
- Set high standards for engineering throughout the company and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong experience in building scalable systems. Experience with microservices and exposure to highly available web scale systems is a must.
- Knowledge of modern tech stacks. Strong, hands on programming skills: either in Go or Java.
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies, including databases (Postgres), key value stores (Cassandra etc), caching systems (Redis) and search engines (Elasticsearch).
- Experience of working in cloud environment.
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems. Should be able to reason for data consistency and availability.
- Strong general Computer engineering fundamentals (OS, networking, data storage).
- Demonstrated ability to work smoothly in teams and with equally strong peers.
- Good communication: both verbal and written.
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer with relevant experience working in systems engineering.