Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Design and build internal tooling for all Carousell staff members to be productive with the Carousell platform
- Work closely with our Trust and Automation team to build tooling and features to support our internal team
- Work with our Marketplace Operations team to optimize user flow and journey on the internal tooling to achieve higher throughput
- Work with delivery teams to enhance the development experience of the internal tools to simplify development effort of internal tooling
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience.
- Experience with a backend web framework such as Python, Django/Flask (preferred) or other similar stacks e.g. Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with using a RDBMS like PostgreSQL (preferred) or MySQL, and object caches like Memcached and/or Redis.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies or be willing to learn.
- Eager and passionate to grow and learn with a strong collaborative mindset.